Mr. Boss is a mediator, arbitrator and litigator using his experience of more than thirty years as a practicing attorney and real estate broker. Shaun also mediates and arbitrates business and construction disputes. He is a member of the San Diego County Superior Court mediation and business arbitration panels.
He has experience with contract disputes in residential and commercial real estate transactions, such as misrepresentation of square footage, water intrusion and mold, zoning and building code violations, boundary, deed restriction and easement issues and other property condition disputes. He has worked with multi-party cases involving non-disclosure and misrepresentation in real estate transactions, and seller-broker commission and procuring cause disputes.
Shaun has worked with a variety of business and commercial disputes such as unfair competition, breach of warranty, disputes arising out of the sale of a business, and collection matters. He has facilitated mediations in construction disputes such as building code violations, mechanics liens and job abandonment issues.
In addition, Shaun has experience with construction defect cases between owners and contractors, commercial and residential lease disputes, condominium homeowner association (HOA) disputes and insurance claim and subrogation disputes.
Shaun works diligently to resolve cases in a prompt and expeditious manner. Focusing on providing quality services at a reasonable rate, Mr. Boss is your best choice for a successful mediation.
Superior Court Ordered Civil Mediations:
- Civil Limited: $150 per hour for each of the first two hours and $400 per hour thereafter.
- Civil Unlimited: $250 per hour for each of the first two hours and $400 per hour thereafter.
- HOA rate: $800/3 hours + $400 for each additional hour. There is a $125 per party administrative fee.
All other: Mr. Boss’ hourly rate is $400. His rates for half- and full-day sessions are as follows:
- 5 hour minimum (this includes 1 hour review of briefs, pre-mediation call with Counsel, and 4 hours of session time) - $2,000
- $195 per party administrative fee
- 10 hour minimum (this includes 2 hours review of briefs, pre-mediation call with Counsel, and 8 hours of session time) - $4,000
- $195 per party administrative fee
Legal Career & Prior Experience:
- Shaun K. Boss, a Professional Corporation, 306 Upas Street, San Diego, 92103 (1986 to present)
- Boss & Ferguson, Attorneys at Law, 2139 First Avenue, San Diego, 92101 (1984-1986)
- Walkoe & Boss, Attorneys at Law, 2139 First Avenue, San Diego, 92101 (1977-1984)
Education & Professional Affiliations:
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. 1976
- San Diego State University, B.A. 1973
- Panel member of the San Diego Association of Realtors, Real Estate Mediation Center
- California State Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Real Estate Broker’s license
- Member of San Diego Association of Realtors
- Member of California Association of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Realtors
ADR Experience & Specialties:
- Mediates cases in a variety of areas including:
- Real Estate and Real Estate Brokerage
- Business/Contract Issues
- Construction Disputes
- Partnership, Corporation, & LLC Issues
- Arbitrator on San Diego Superior Court’s business panel
- Successfully mediates and arbitrates numerous complex commercial and real estate disputes
- Member of the San Diego Superior Court Civil Mediation Panel
- Member of San Diego Association of Realtors Mediator Panel
- Received mediation skills training at the National Conflict Resolution Center in 1996
Achievements & Awards:
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyer List 2013 to present.
- Martidale Hubbell AV Rated Lawyer (since 1997)
"We appreciated your patience with our questions, sharing your thoughts, and willingness to go 'the extra mile'. Your efforts will have a lasting impact on our family!"
Hobbies & Interests:
Shaun is an avid golfer and loyal Chargers fan (as long as they stay in San Diego). He enjoys wine tasting, car washing, cat herding and has a special passion for working with surly teenagers.
Author: “Should You Form a Limited Liability Entity for Your Business?”, AVVO Web Article, May 2013
Author: “How to Prepare for a Successful Real Estate Mediation”, The San Diego Realtor, San Diego Association of Realtors, November 2012
Author: “The Process of Selling Residential Real Estate”, AVVO, Web Editor’s Staff Pick, September 2009
Author: “Mediation – “A Lawyer’s Perspective”, Journal of the Litigation Section, State Bar of California, spring 1994
To schedule a mediation please contact Case Manager Kathy Purcell at
619-238-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org