Successful mediations require someone who understands the legal and practical issues at play, appreciates the nuances of the process, actively listens, and is cognizant of the myriad of interests and personalities at play. For 30 years, Richard developed the skills and expertise that have led to his success as a mediator. Richard mediates in a variety of fields and specialties, including business and contract disputes, employment, real estate, insurance, and personal injury. From the simple to the complex, and from the cooperative to the contentious, Richard has the experience, the temperament, and the skills that are needed to help parties resolve their disputes in an expeditious and professional manner.
To visit Richard's website, click here.
$400 per hour
$175 per party nonrefundable administrative fee
For cases in Orange County, Richard requires a minimum of 5 hours, but does not charge for travel time.
- For cases in Los Angeles County, Richard requires a minimum of 6 hours, but does not charge for travel time.
Superior Court Ordered Civil Mediations:
Civil Unlimited: $250 per hour for each of the first two hours and $400 per hour thereafter.
Civil Limited: $150 per hour for each of the first two hours and $400 per hour thereafter.
To schedule a mediation please call Richard's Case Manager,
Kathy Purcell at 619-238-7282
or by email at email@example.com
Legal Career & Prior Experience:
- The Huver Law Firm, Owner and Founder, 2009-2018
- Levine, Steinberg, Miller & Huver, Partner, 1998-2009
- Levine, Steinburg, & Miller, Associate, 1994-1998
- Law Offices of Ned Good, Law Clerk and Associate, 1982-1994
Education & Professional Affiliations:
- San Diego County Bar Association, President 2015, Treasurer 2013, Board of Directors 2012-2016
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, President 2006, Board of Directors 1998-2009
- Louis M. Welsh Inns of Court, Master 2007-2014, Senior Master 2015-present
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of San Diego, B.B.A., 1982
- Certificate Graduate of Mediating The Litigated Case, offered by Straus Institute For Dispute Resolution at Washington, D.C. campus of Pepperdine University School of Law
- Certificate Graduate of Introductory Mediation Skills Training, offered by National Conflict Resolution Center
ADR Experience & Specialties:
Richard is available to mediate a wide variety of cases, including:
- Business Disputes (breach of contract, partnership/corporate dissolutions, lessee-lessor)
- Employment (wrongful termination, discrimination, whistle blower, retaliation)
- Personal Injury (from soft tissue to catastrophic)
- Insurance Bad Faith/Coverage
- Real Estate (ownership disputes, landlord tenant)
- Elder Abuse/Neglect
Achievements & Awards:
- Super Lawyers, Alternative Dispute Resolution, San Diego 2019
- Super Lawyers, Top 50 Lawyers in San Diego - 2018
- Los Angeles Daily Journal ADR Profile - 2017
- Super Lawyers, Personal Injury, San Diego - 2012-2018
- Top San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, San Diego Magazine - 2010-2016
- Top San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, Our City San Diego - 2010-2012
- Top 10 San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, The Daily Transcript - 2011
- Top San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, San Diego Metro - 2011-2012
- Top 10 San Diego Insurance Attorney, The Daily Transcript - 2009
- Outstanding Advocacy Award, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego - 2011
- Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego - 2000
- Martindale-Hubbell, Highest Rating for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Avvo, Super Rated Attorney, Highest Rating Possible, 10.0
- “Clearly a big picture guy who knows how to take the little steps to overcome barriers which keep the parties apart. Highly recommend Richard for mediations should you need a closer.”
- “Very complicated medical issues and extremely complicated client with big expectations. Richard was very business-like, direct, focused and result driven. Excellent mediation skills.”
- “Richard’s experience as a trial lawyer was extremely valuable. He was able to get my client and me to focus on the financial aspects of this case from the other sides’ perspective, in a way we had not contemplated. With his assistance we were better able to assess potential litigation outcomes, options and resolution.”
- “Richard was fully prepared, understood the complexities, understood the client and focused on resolving the matter to the satisfaction of both sides. Well done!!!”
- “Smart, a seasoned trial lawyer, with a great attitude, work ethic, courtesy, and respect.”
- "Thank you so much for the fantastic results you accomplished at the mediation, and for taking the extra time to make it happen. ...
I will definitely request you as my mediator on any future San Diego cases!"
- "Thank you for so professionally mediating our issues...we are relieved to have the dispute in our past. We certainly would recommend you to anyone needing mediation services."
Hobbies & Interests:
Richard enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing golf, traveling, and sushi.