Ms. Kass-Moreno began practicing law in 1982. Her vast experience includes civil litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex business, employment and real estate matters, as well as handling a variety of insurance matters and claims. Ms. Kass-Moreno has been a credentialed mediator since 1999 with expertise in contract disputes, employment/workplace issues, personal injury/insurance claims, real estate and homeowner’s association matters and has conducted numerous, multi-party facilitations involving a wide range of challenging issues. She is also a mediation/conflict management trainer for NCRC and the mentor for NCRC’s Credential Program. She has trained and/or provided customized workshops for many mediators currently practicing in San Diego. Laura Kass-Moreno’s years of experience provide her with the creative, strategic bandwidth to successfully mediate cases to resolution.
Ms. Kass-Moreno believes that as long as the parties are talking, there is hope for resolution and has built a reputation for being persevering yet patient, insightful and creative. Clients appreciate the fact that she uses every effort to settle a dispute. She also successfully mediated the controversial matter between representatives for the Children’s Pool in La Jolla and the Animal Rights Protection League. Unwilling to be discouraged, Ms. Kass-Moreno was able to assist the parties to reach a detailed, concrete resolution which made it possible for such highly opposing interests to co-exist in peace.
- Civil Limited $150 per hour for each of the first two hours and $350 per hour thereafter.
- Civil Unlimited : $250 per hour for each of the first two hours and $350 per hour thereafter.
HOA: $800/3 hours + $350 per hour thereafter. There is a $125 per party administrative fee. $800 flat rate for up to three hours. $350 per hour thereafter.
For all HOA mediations: please contact the HOA Case Administrator, Dylan Prohaska: firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-238-2400 ext. 259
All Other Cases: $350 per hour, $195 administrative fee per party
Legal Career & Prior Experience:
- Friedemann & Menke, Orange, CA – 1981 – 1986
- Business and Real Estate Litigation
- Murchison & Cumming, Los Angeles, CA – 1986 - 1988
- Professional Malpractice and Real Estate Litigation
- Corporate Counsel and Consultant Los Angeles, CA 1988 - 1991
- NTN Buzztime, Inc., 1993 - 1998
- Corporate counsel responsible for all aspects of the Company’s business including litigation, transactions, regulatory matters, employment issues, and the licensing, protection and enforcement of proprietary intellectual property rights.
Education & Professional Affiliations:
- Member, California State Bar – 1982 through Present
- San Diego Superior Court Temporary Settlement Judge
- San Diego Superior Court Civil Mediation Panel
- San Diego County Bar Association
- New England School of Law, Boston, MA 1978 – 1981
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA 1974 - 1978
- American University Washington Semester Program, Washington, D.C., January – June 1976
ADR Experience & Specialties:
Has mediated hundreds of cases in a variety of areas, including
- Employment and Workplace Disputes
- Military Employment Cases
- Homeowner’s Association Issues
- Business Contract Disputes
- Intellectual Property and Transactional Entertainment Law Disputes
- Personal Injury and Insurance Claims
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Cases
- Professional Liability
- Community/Neighborhood Matters
- Mediation and Conflict Management Trainer for University of San Diego Law School, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, U.S. Navy and Marines, City and County of San Diego and Jobcorp
- Trainer of Communication and Intercultural Diversity Skills - San Diego State University
Achievements & Awards:
- Selected Mediator of the Month, San Diego Attorney Journal, December 2014
- Mentor for National Conflict Resolution Center Credential Candidates
Hobbies & Interests:
Laura Kass-Moreno enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, beach walks, hiking and jazzercise.
“What Makes Mediation Work and Why Everyone Benefits”, Trial Bar News, December 2010
“Keep Them Talking”, California Lawyer Magazine, August 2012
San Diego Attorney Journal, December 2014 – Featured Mediator of the Month
To schedule a mediation please call Case Manager Kathy Purcell at