Bob Copeland is special counsel in the Corporate Practice Group in the Del Mar office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, & Hampton, LLP. For over 45 years, Bob has practiced in the area of corporate and business law with an emphasis on corporate governance, relationships among the owners of businesses and their business relations, real estate, and mergers and acquisitions. He has led numerous corporate finance, recapitalization, and IPO transactions. He has extensive experience representing and advising individual owners, the boards and executive leadership of companies including corporations, limited and general partnerships and limited liability companies. He has served as an expert witness in several litigation involving complex business, partnership, and tax disputes.
$400 per hour
$195 administrative fee per party
Legal Career & Prior Experience:
Bob began practicing law out of law school in 1966 with Gary, Cary, Ames, & Frye (which is now part of the DLA Piper firm). He spent 10 years as a partner with Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps (now McKenna, Long & Aldridge), approximately four years as a partner in the San Diego office of Duane Morris (based in Philadelphia), and joined Sheppard Mullin as a partner in 2008. Bob is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Bar Association, the ABA Mergers & Acquisitions Committee and the San Diego County Bar Association.
ADR Experience & Specialties:
During his career Bob has acted as an arbitrator of attorney-client fee disputes as part of a San Diego Bar Association service to clients and attorneys. In 2015 Bob received certificates for Introductory Mediation Skills and Advanced Mediation Skills from the National Conflict Resolution Center.
Achievements & Awards:
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America every year since 1987
- Listed in Best Lawyers in San Diego every year since 2001
- Named a Super Lawyer for the San Diego region, 2007-2015
- Founder, President, and Board member Thomas C. Ackerman Foundation since 1993
- Co-Chair Scripps Clinic-Green Hospital Advisory Board 2009-present
- Board Member, Any Body Can Youth Foundation, 2011-present
- Board Member, San Diego Yacht Club Sailing Foundation, 2005-present
- Board member, Sailing Events Association of San Diego, 2012-present
Hobbies & Interests:
- Fly-fishing, particularly in the Eastern Sierras
“Ready or Not, the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act Is Now the Law in California, California Real Property Journal, Real Property Section, California State Bar, June
To schedule a mediation please contact Case Manager Kathy Purcell at
619-238-7282 or firstname.lastname@example.org