Ms. Cobalt’s mediation and legal background is varied and extensive. As a prior attorney representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of practice areas, she possesses comprehensive, practical experience in dispute resolution and mediation. Her prior legal experience in the areas of personal injury, landlord/tenant, consumer, contract, real estate, landlord-tenant, Homeowners Association, and business litigation lend themselves to understanding the law, as well as the experiences of both parties in the conflict.
Superior Court Cases
- Civil Limited $150 per hour for each of the first two hours and $350 per hour thereafter.
- Civil Unlimited : $250 per hour for each of the first two hours and $350 per hour thereafter.
HOA: $750/3 hours + $350 per hour thereafter. Effective November 1, 2014 there will be a $100 per party administrative fee. $750 flat rate for up to three hours. $350 per hour thereafter.
All Other Cases: $350 per hour, $175 administrative fee per party
Legal Career & Prior Experience:
- Private practice, Law Offices of Julie D. Cobalt, specializing in general civil litigation involving, but not limited to, consumer, personal injury, property damage, landlord/tenant, real estate, contract and business litigation. (1998-2014)
- Adjunct Professor, Introduction to Mediation and Advanced Mediation, Thomas Jefferson School of Law (2005-present)
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution Trainer, National Conflict Resolution Center (2000-2014)
- Hearing Officer, San Diego Housing Commission and Housing Authority (1999-2003)
Education & Professional Affiliations:
- J.D., California Western School of Law (1998)
- M.A., German and International Policy Studies, Monterey Institute of International Studies, summa cum laude (1991)
- B.A., German, Hamline University, cum laude (1989)
- Member of the San Diego Superior Court Civil Mediation Panel (1999-present)
- Member of the State Bar of California (1998-present)
ADR Experience & Specialties:
- Mediated over 1,000 cases since 1998 including multiple parties, and large groups in a wide variety of areas including personal injury, insurance, property damage, business/contract, community, employment, landlord/tenant, Homeowner Association, guardianship, and civil harassment.
- Mediate in Spanish and English
Hobbies & Interests:
In Ms. Cobalt’s spare time she enjoys being with her family, reading, traveling and competitive swimming.
To schedule a mediation please call Case Manager Kathy Purcell at 619-238-7282